If you’re sick of a game taking up space on your hard drive, you can uninstall it from Steam. Here’s how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Uninstalling a game from Steam is easy. But if you want to uninstall a game completely, you need to do more than just remove the files. You also need to remove the game from your Steam library. Otherwise, the game will still show up in your library, and you’ll be able to reinstall it at any time.
Here’s how to completely uninstall a game from Steam:
1. Open Steam and go to your Library.
2. Right-click on the game you want to uninstall and select Delete local content.
3. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to delete the selected files. Click Delete local content again to confirm.
4. The selected files will now be deleted from your computer.
5. To completely remove the game from your Steam library, right-click on it and select Remove from my games list.
And that’s all there is to it! The game will now be completely uninstalled from your machine, and you won’t be able to reinstall it through Steam unless you add it back to your library manually.
What is Steam?
Steam is a digital platform for video games that allows you to download and play games. It also offers a community-based platform where you can connect with other players, create and share content, and more. You can access Steam through the Steam client on your computer, or through the Steam mobile app.
How to uninstall a game from Steam?
If you’re using Steam and you want to uninstall a game, there are a few different ways you can do it. You can either uninstall the game directly from your Steam Library, or you can use the Steam client to remove the game from your computer.
If you want to keep your saved games and progress, you can uninstall the game and then reinstall it later. To do this, you’ll need to use the Steam client.
To uninstall a game from your Steam Library:
1. Open the Steam client and log in.
2. Click on the “Library” tab.
3. Right-click on the game you want to uninstall and select “Uninstall”.
4. Confirm that you want to uninstall the game by clicking “Yes”.
5. The game will be uninstalled from your library and your computer.
Why would you want to uninstall a game from Steam?
There are many reasons why you might want to uninstall a game from Steam. Maybe you no longer have interest in the game, or it’s taking up too much space on your hard drive. Whatever the reason may be, it’s easy to do. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to completely uninstall a game from Steam.
1. Launch Steam and go to your Library.
2. Find the game you want to uninstall and right-click on it.
3. From the drop-down menu, select “Delete Local Content.”
4. A window will pop up asking if you’re sure you want to delete the local content for the game. Click “Delete” to confirm.
5. The game will now be uninstalled from your computer, but it will still remain in your Steam Library list. To completely remove it, right-click on the game again and select “Remove from Library.”
How to completely remove a game from your computer?
Sometimes, you may need to uninstall a game from your computer. This can be for various reasons, such as wanting to free up some space on your hard drive or if you simply no longer play the game and want to get rid of it.
There are two ways you can go about doing this. The first is to simply delete the game’s folder from your computer. However, this will not remove all of the game’s data from your computer – it will only delete the game itself. The second way is to use a program like CCleaner, which will remove all traces of the game from your computer.
To uninstall a game using CCleaner:
1. Download and install CCleaner from their website.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the “Tools” section.
3. Click on “Uninstall” and then select the game you want to uninstall from the list of installed programs.
4. Click “Uninstall” again and then “OK”.
What if I can’t find the game’s files after uninstalling?
There are a few things you can try if you can’t find the game’s files after uninstalling:
1) Check your recycle bin – sometimes, uninstalled games will send their files there instead of completely deleting them.
2) If the game was a paid game, you may be able to find its files in your Steam cloud – this is especially likely if you have multiple computers and have been playing the game on more than one of them. To check for this, open up the Steam client and go to “Steam > Settings > cloud”. If the game is there, you’ll be able to download its files and continue playing.
3) If the game was a free-to-play game, it’s possible that its files are still stored on your hard drive somewhere. To check for this, do a search for the game’s name (or part of it) and see if any results come up.
How to reinstall a game on Steam?
When you uninstall a game from Steam, it doesn’t remove the entire game from your computer. Instead, it only removes the installation files and leaves behind the game’s configuration and saved data. If you want to completely remove a game from your system, you’ll need to delete its configuration and saved data as well.
How to delete your Steam account?
If you’re certain that you want to delete your Steam account, you can do so by following the instructions below. Please note that once your account is deleted, it cannot be recovered.
Before you delete your account, you may want to consider the following:
– If you have any paid games or other content associated with your account, deleting the account will cause those items to be permanently unavailable. If you plan on reactivating your account at some point, we recommend contacting Steam support to see if they can assist you in transferring your paid content to a new account.
– If you have any outstanding balance owed to Steam, deleting your account will not cancel or refund that balance. You must contact Steam support to resolve any outstanding financial issues before deleting your account.
To delete your Steam account:
1. Log into your Steam account through the Steam client or through the Steam website.
2. Click on “Account Details” in the left sidebar.
3. Under the “Privacy Settings” section, click on the “Delete Account” button. 4. Confirm that you want to delete your account by entering your login password and clicking on the “Delete Account” button again.
Q: How can I completely uninstall a game from Steam?
A: To completely uninstall a game from Steam, you will need to delete the game files as well as any additional data associated with the game. To do this, you will need to access your Steam installation folder. Once you have located the folder, you can delete the game files and any other associated data.
There are a few different ways to uninstall a game from Steam, depending on whether you just want to remove the game from your computer, or delete it from your Steam account entirely.
To uninstall a game from your computer, simply go to your Steam library, right-click on the game you want to delete, and select “Delete local content.” This will uninstall the game from your computer, but it will still be available in your Steam library if you want to reinstall it at a later time.
If you want to delete a game from your Steam account entirely, you’ll first need to go to the “Community” tab in your Steam client and find the game in your list of games. Once you’ve found the game, left-click on it and select “Uninstall.” This will remove the game from both your computer and your Steam account.