How to Completely Uninstall Minecraft Windows 10?
Checkout this video:
Have you had enough of Minecraft Windows 10 and want to get rid of it completely from your computer? If you are one of those people that would rather not leave any sort of trace behind, then this article is for you. We will be discussing how you can go about uninstalling Minecraft Windows 10 and making sure that there are no leftover files or settings affecting your computer.
What You Need to Know
If you’re one of the many players still playing Minecraft on Windows 10, you may find yourself in need of uninstalling it at some point. Luckily, the process is relatively simple, and there are only a few things you need to know before getting started.
First, it’s important to note that there are two different ways to uninstall Minecraft Windows 10. The first is by using the Microsoft Store, and the second is by using third-party uninstallers. We’ll outline both methods below so that you can choose the one that’s right for you.
If you’re using the Microsoft Store:
1. Open the Microsoft Store app and click on the ‘three dots’ icon in the top-right corner.
2. From the menu that appears, select ‘Downloads and Updates’.
3. Under ‘Minecraft’, click ‘Uninstall’.
4. Confirm that you want to uninstall by clicking ‘Uninstall’ again when prompted.
If you’re using a third-party uninstaller:
1. Download and install a third-party uninstaller such as IObit Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller.
2. Open the program and locate Minecraft in the list of installed programs.
3. Select Minecraft and click ‘Uninstall’. follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
How to Uninstall Minecraft Windows 10
If you’re a long-time Minecraft player, you may want to uninstall the game and start fresh on your Windows 10 device. Here’s how to do it.
How to Reinstall Minecraft Windows 10
If you have Minecraft installed on your computer, you can uninstall it like any other program. However, because Minecraft is a premium game, uninstalling it does not give you a refund. If you decide to reinstall the game at a later date, you will need to purchase it again.
To completely uninstall Minecraft Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type “appwiz.cpl” into the box and press Enter.
3. This will open the Programs and Features window. Find Minecraft in the list of programs and click on it.
4. Click the Uninstall button at the top of the window.
5. You will be asked if you are sure you want to uninstall Minecraft Windows 10. Click Yes to confirm.
6. Wait for the uninstall process to finish and then close the Programs and Features window when it’s done
Here are the complete instructions on how to completely uninstall Minecraft Windows 10:
First, you will need to go to the Start Menu, and then type in “Add or Remove Programs.” Once this has pulled up, you will need to look for Minecraft Windows 10 in the list of programs. Right-click on it, and select “Uninstall.”
Next, you will need to go to your “Documents” folder. In here, there should be a folder called “.minecraft.” Delete this folder entirely.
After that, you will need to go to your “AppData” folder. This is typically located in C:/Users/[Your Username]/AppData/Roaming/. Once you are in here, delete the “.minecraft” folder.
Finally, restart your computer. All traces of Minecraft Windows 10 should now be gone from your system!