While Chromium is a great browser, you may find that you need to uninstall it for one reason or another. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Why would you want to uninstall Chromium?
There are a few reasons you might want to uninstall Chromium from your computer. Maybe you’re trying to free up some space, or you’re switching to a different browser and don’t need it anymore. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to do.
Here’s how to uninstall Chromium on Windows:
1. Close all Chrome windows.
2. Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
3. Click Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features in Windows Vista).
4. Find Chromium in the list of programs and click Uninstall.
5. Confirm that you want to uninstall Chromium and click OK.
You can also uninstall Chromium by deleting its folder from your computer. On Windows, this folder is usually located in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Chromium\.
How to uninstall Chromium using Windows settings
If you need to uninstall Chromium, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu and click on Settings.
2. In the settings window, click on Apps.
3. In the apps window, find and click on Chromium in the list of installed programs.
4. Click on the Uninstall button in the app information window.
5. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
How to uninstall Chromium using third-party software
If you installed Chromium using third-party software, such as a package manager, you can follow their instructions to uninstall the browser.
If you installed Chromium manually, you can uninstall it by running the chromium-uninstall script that is included in the installation folder.
How to remove Chromium leftovers
If you have installed Chromium on your Windows PC, you may have noticed that it’s difficult to uninstall it. Here’s how to remove the Chromium browser from your computer, along with any leftover files.
1. Open the Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
2. Scroll through the list of programs and find Chromium.
3. Select Chromium and click on the Uninstall button at the top of the window.
4. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall process.
5. Restart your computer when prompted.
6. Once your computer has restarted, open the Start menu and type %AppData% into the search bar.
7. Press Enter and a new window will open up displaying all of your AppData files.
8. Find the folder labeled “Chromium” and delete it. If you can’t find it, it may be hidden, so make sure to show hidden files in your file explorer settings before proceeding.. 9. Close the AppData window and empty your trash bin
How to reinstall Chromium
If you have installed Chromium on your computer and want to reinstall it, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Download the latest version of Chromium from the official website.
2. Uninstall Chromium from your computer.
3. Delete the Chromium folder from your computer.
4. Install the new version of Chromium that you downloaded in step 1.
How to troubleshoot uninstallation issues
If you are having issues uninstalling Chromium, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
-Restart your computer and try to uninstall again. Sometimes, this can resolve uninstallation issues.
-Use a third-party uninstaller program. There are several reliable uninstaller programs available online; we recommend IObit Uninstaller, as it is both effective and free.
-Delete Chromium’s leftover files manually. To do this, open the File Explorer and navigate to the following directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Chrome/. Once you’re in that folder, delete the “Chrome” folder.
Q: How do I uninstall Chromium?
A: You can uninstall Chromium by deleting the Chromium folder from your computer.
Although Chromium is an open-source browser project, it doesn’t support plugins or extensions like Google Chrome. So, if you’re looking for a more customizable web browsing experience, we recommend trying one of these Chromium alternatives.
-Mozilla Firefox: Mozilla Firefox is a free and open-source web browser developed by the Mozilla Foundation. It’s available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
-Google Chrome: Google Chrome is a cross-platform web browser developed by Google. It’s available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
-Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge is a cross-platform web browser developed by Microsoft. It’s available for Windows 10 and macOS.
-Brave: Brave is a free and open-source web browser developed by Brave Software Inc. It’s available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
We hope this article was helpful in teaching you how to uninstall Chromium from your system. If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know in the comments section below.
If you want to uninstall Chromium, follow the steps below.
Operating system: Windows
1. Go to the Windows Control Panel.
2. Click “Add/Remove Programs.”
3. Select “Chromium” from the list of programs and click “Uninstall.”
4. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
5. Restart your computer when prompted.
Operating system: macOS
1. Drag the Chromium icon from your Applications folder into the Trash bin on your dock.
2. Alternatively, you can right-click (or control-click) on the Chromium icon and select “Move to Trash” from the menu that appears.
3. Empty your Trash bin to complete the uninstallation process.