It’s a good idea to keep Flash up-to-date for security purposes, but if you need to uninstall it, here’s how.
Checkout this video:
Flash Player is a software application produced by Adobe that allows users to view Flash content such as animations and video. Flash Player is available for a variety of devices and platforms, including the Mac. If you need to uninstall Flash Player from your Mac, the process is straightforward and only takes a few moments to complete.
Why you should uninstall Flash Player
There are a few reasons why you might want to uninstall Flash Player from your Mac. Maybe you’re troubleshooting an issue with another Adobe product, or you’re trying to improve your computer’s performance. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to do.
How to uninstall Flash Player on a Mac
Here’s how to uninstall Flash Player on a Mac, step by step. These instructions are for Adobe Flash Player on macOS 10.6 and above.
1. Open the Flash Player installer file you downloaded and follow the prompts.
2. When the uninstall process is complete, close all browsers.
3. Go to the Adobe Flash Player page and download the Flash Player installer.
4. Follow the prompts to install Flash Player.
Tips for uninstalling Flash Player
If you’re having trouble with Flash Player on your Mac, you may want to try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Here are some tips for uninstalling Flash Player on a Mac:
– Use the Adobe Uninstaller: The Adobe Uninstaller is a program that can help you remove Flash Player from your Mac. You can download it for free from the Adobe website.
– Use a third-party uninstaller: There are a number of third-party uninstallers that can help you remove Flash Player from your Mac. Many of these programs are available for free.
– Manually delete the files: If you’re comfortable working with files on your Mac, you can try deleting the Flash Player files manually. First, quit all applications that use Flash Player. Then, go to the following location: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash Player. Finally, delete the following files: NPSWF32.dll and NPSWF64.dll.
How to reinstall Flash Player on a Mac
If you’re having trouble with Flash Player on a Mac, you can reinstall it using the uninstaller from Adobe.
1. Go to Adobe’s Flash Player download page and download the Flash Player uninstaller.
2. Quit all open browsers – including this one! You must do this to ensure that the uninstaller can delete all QuickTime-related files.
3. Double-click the downloaded file to run it, then follow the onscreen instructions.
4. When the uninstaller has finished, restart your computer.
5. Once your computer has restarted, install Flash Player again from Adobe’s download page.
We hope this article was helpful in uninstalling Flash Player on your Mac. As always, if you have any further questions or comments, please let us know!