- Why you might need to uninstall Miniconda
- How to uninstall Miniconda on Windows
- How to uninstall Miniconda on macOS
- How to uninstall Miniconda on Linux
- How to uninstall Miniconda from Anaconda Navigator
- How to remove Miniconda completely
- What to do if you can’t uninstall Miniconda
- FAQs about uninstalling Miniconda
- Troubleshooting tips for uninstalling Miniconda
Do you want to uninstall Miniconda but don’t know how? This blog post will show you step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Why you might need to uninstall Miniconda
Miniconda is a lightweight version of Anaconda that includes only conda, Python, and the packages they depend on. These three items are sufficient to get started with Python data science: you can install any additional packages you need later.
You may need to uninstall Miniconda if you want to install a different version of Miniconda or Anaconda, or if you accidentally installed Miniconda when you meant to install Anaconda.
Uninstalling Miniconda is a simple process; however, you must follow the instructions carefully or you may inadvertently delete other programs or files on your computer.
How to uninstall Miniconda on Windows
To uninstall Miniconda on Windows, start by opening the Start menu and searching for “miniconda”. Right-click on the Miniconda icon and select “Uninstall”. You will be prompted to confirm the uninstallation; click “Yes” to proceed. Once the uninstaller has finished, restart your computer.
How to uninstall Miniconda on macOS
To uninstall Miniconda on macOS, first open a Terminal window. Then, enter the following command:
sudo rm -rf /opt/miniconda3
You will be prompted for your password. Enter it, and then press Enter to continue. This will delete the Miniconda directory from your system.
How to uninstall Miniconda on Linux
Miniconda is a free minimal installer for conda. It is designed to be as small and fast as possible and works on all platforms (Linux, macOS, and Windows).
If for some reason you need to uninstall Miniconda or Anaconda, you can do so easily with a few simple steps.
First, open a terminal window. Then, if you installed Miniconda for all users, type the following command:
$ rm -rf /path/to/miniconda
If you installed Miniconda for yourself only, type this instead:
$ rm -rf ~/.miniconda
Finally, to delete the cached package files (optional), type:
$ conda clean – all
1. Open Anaconda Navigator.
2. Click on the Environments tab.
3. Select your Miniconda environment from the list of environments.
4. Click on the down arrow next to the environment name and select Delete.
5. In the pop-up window, select Yes to confirm that you want to delete the environment.
How to remove Miniconda completely
If you have Miniconda installed on your system and want to remove it completely, you can follow the instructions below.
1. First, uninstall Miniconda from your system.
2. Next, delete the Miniconda directory.
3. Finally, remove the Miniconda entry from your .bashrc or .bash_profile file.
What to do if you can’t uninstall Miniconda
If you installed Miniconda using the Installer, then simply open the Installer and select the Uninstall option.
If you used the command-line installer, then you can uninstall Miniconda by removing the entire miniconda directory. The following command will remove Miniconda from your home directory.
rm -rf ~/miniconda
You can also remove Miniconda and all associated files by running the uninstall script that was created when you installed Miniconda. The script is located in your home directory, and is named miniconda-uninstall.sh. To run the script, simply type the following command.
FAQs about uninstalling Miniconda
Miniconda is a free and open source package manager for python programming language. It is used to install, update and remove different python packages. You can also create virtual environment using Miniconda. In this article, we will see how to uninstall Miniconda from your system.
There are two ways to uninstall Miniconda from your system. You can either use the graphical user interface or the command line interface. We will see both the methods in this article.
##Method 1: Uninstall Miniconda using GUI
Miniconda can be uninstalled using the graphical user interface by following the below steps:
1) Click on the start menu and type “Add or Remove Programs”. Alternatively, you can also press “Windows Key + R” and type “appwiz.cpl” in the Run dialog box that appears.
2) In the “Add or Remove Programs” window, search for “Miniconda” and select it. Then click on the “Uninstall” button.
3) A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click on the ” Yes” button to confirm and begin uninstalling Miniconda from your system.
4) Once the uninstallation is complete, close the “Add or Remove Programs” window.
That’s it! You have successfully uninstalled Miniconda from your system using GUI method
Troubleshooting tips for uninstalling Miniconda
If you are having trouble uninstalling Miniconda, there are a few troubleshooting tips that may help.
First, try uninstalling Miniconda using the uninstallation script that is included with the installation. To do this, open a terminal window and navigate to the location of the installation script. Then, run the following command:
If this does not work, you can try uninstalling Miniconda manually. To do this, first remove theMiniconda folder from your home directory. On Mac and Linux, this folder is typically located at ~/miniconda/. On Windows, it is typically located at C:\Users\USERNAME\miniconda\.
Once you have removed the Miniconda folder, you can delete the .condarc file from your home directory. This file is typically located at ~/.condarc/.
If you are still having trouble uninstalling Miniconda, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
We hope that you found this guide helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].