Get rid of the News and Interests icon on the Windows 10 taskbar once and for all by following the simple steps in this tutorial.
Checkout this video:
How to uninstall News and Interests from the taskbar
If you’re not a fan of the Microsoft News and Interests widget on the Windows 10 taskbar, here’s how to remove it.
Why you might want to uninstall News and Interests
News and Interests is a Microsoft Windows feature that allows you to stay up-to-date on the latest news and information. However, some users may find it annoying or intrusive. If you fall into this camp, you can uninstall News and Interests from the Windows 10 taskbar.
How to disable News and Interests
This guide will show you how to disable News and Interests on the taskbar in Windows 10. News and Interests is a feature that was added in the recent Windows 10 update. It allows you to view news stories and weather information on your taskbar. If you don’t want to use this feature, you can disable it with a few clicks.
1. Right-click on the taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link that says, “Turn off News and Interests.”
3. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm your choice. Click on the “Turn off” button.
4. News and Interests will now be disabled on your taskbar.
How to re-enable News and Interests
News and Interests is a feature that was introduced in Windows 10 version 2004. It allows you to see news and weather information on your taskbar. If you find that you’re not using this feature, or if you want to disable it for privacy reasons, you can follow the steps below to uninstall it.
1. Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
2. Click on Personalization.
3. Click on Taskbar in the left-hand sidebar.
4. Scroll down to the News and interests section and toggle the switch off.
How to hide News and Interests
If you don’t want to see the News and Interests icon on your taskbar, you can hide it. Here’s how:
1. Right-click the taskbar.
2. Select Taskbar settings.
3. Under Notification area, turn off Show news and interests.
How to move News and Interests
News and Interests is a new section of the Windows 10 taskbar that Microsoft introduced in early 2021. The section contains news stories, weather information, and other content that Microsoft thinks might be of interest to you. If you don’t find News and Interests useful, you can remove it from the taskbar with a few clicks. Here’s how:
1. Right-click on the taskbar and select “News and Interests” from the menu that appears.
2. Click the “Settings” button in the upper-right corner of the News and Interests pane.
3. toggle off the “Show News and Interests on the taskbar” option.
How to customize News and Interests
News and Interests is a feature in the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system that displays news articles and weather information on the taskbar. You can customize News and Interests to display the information that is most important to you. For example, you can add or remove topics, choose which news sources to display, and set the frequency with which News and Interests updates.
In this article, we will show you how to customize News and Interests on the taskbar.
How to use News and Interests
If you want to keep up with the latest news and information but don’t want the News and Interests feature on your taskbar, you can uninstall it. Here’s how:
1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
2. Click on Personalization.
3. Click on Taskbar in the left-hand menu.
4. Scroll down to the News and Interests section and toggle the switch to Off.
How to troubleshoot News and Interests
If you’re having trouble with News and Interests on the taskbar, there are a few things you can try to get it working again.
First, make sure that the News and Interests service is running. You can do this by opening the Services control panel and checking that the “News and Interests” service is set to “Automatic”.
If the service is already running, try restarting it. To do this, open the Services control panel, right-click on “News and Interests”, and select “Restart”.
If News and Interests still isn’t working after restarting the service, try resetting it. To do this, open the Settings app, go to System > Notifications & Actions, scroll down to “News and Interests”, and click the “Reset” button.
If you’re still having trouble with News and Interests after trying all of these troubleshooting steps, you can try uninstalling it. To do this, open the Settings app, go to Apps > Apps & Features, find “News and Interests” in the list of installed apps, and click the “Uninstall” button.
FAQs about News and Interests
Q: How do I uninstall News and Interests?
A: To uninstall News and Interests, go to your computer’s control panel and select “Add or Remove Programs.” Then, scroll down until you find the News and Interests program. Once you find it, click “Remove” to uninstall the program.
Q: What if I don’t see News and Interests in my control panel?
A: If you don’t see News and Interests in your control panel, it may be because you have a different Operating System (OS) than Windows 10. You can still uninstall the program by following these instructions:
1. Go to your Start menu and select “All Programs.”
2. Find the folder for News and Interests.
3. Right-click on the folder and select “Delete.”