If you have Office for Mac 2011 installed and want to uninstall it before installing Office for Mac 2016, follow these instructions.
Checkout this video:
How to uninstall Office from Macbook?
If you want to uninstall Microsoft Office from your Macbook, follow these steps:
1. Open Finder and click on the Applications folder.
2. Find the Microsoft Office application icons and drag them to the trash.
3. Empty the trash.
4. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
The process of uninstalling Office from Macbook
If you have Office for Mac 2011 installed on your computer, you can uninstall it in one of two ways. The recommended way is to use the Microsoft Office Remover tool. This tool will remove all traces of Office from your computer, including any preferences or settings that you may have customized.
To use the Microsoft Office Remover tool, follow these steps:
1. Download the Microsoft Office Remover tool from the Microsoft website.
2. Double-click the icon of the downloaded file to launch it.
3. When prompted, enter your Mac password and click Allow.
4. In the window that appears, click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Microsoft Office from your computer.
5. Wait for the process to finish and then quit the Microsoft Office Remover tool.
6. Empty the Trash on your computer to complete the uninstallation process.
If you cannot use the Microsoft Office Remover tool for any reason, you can uninstall Office manually by following these steps:
1. Quit all applications that are running on your computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
2. Open Finder and go to the Applications folder.
3. Locate the Microsoft Office folder and drag it to the Trash icon in the Dock (or right-click on it and select Move to Trash).
4. Empty the Trash on your computer to complete the uninstallation process.”
What to do after uninstalling Office from Macbook?
After you have uninstalled Office for Mac from your computer, there are a few things you can do to clean up your system. Follow the steps below to remove any residual files and to ensure that your system is free of any Office for Mac components.
1. Launch the “Finder” application.
2. Click on the “Go” menu and select “Go to Folder.”
3. In the box that appears, type in “/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/” and click “Go.”
4. Select all of the files in this folder and move them to the trash.
5. Empty the trash.
6. Return to the “/Library/Preferences/” folder and delete the “com.microsoft.” plist files.
7. Again, empty the trash.
8. Go back to the “/Library/” folder and delete the “Application Support/Microsoft/” folder.
9. Empty the trash one last time.]
How to reinstall Office on Macbook?
You can reinstall Microsoft Office on your Macbook by following the steps below:
1. Uninstall any existing Office applications from your Macbook.
2. Download the Microsoft Office installation file from the Microsoft website.
3. Double-click on the installation file to begin the installation process.
4. Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
How to troubleshoot uninstallation issues on Macbook?
If you’re having trouble uninstalling Office for Mac 2011 or 2016, try the following steps. If you still can’t uninstall Office, contact Microsoft support.
1. Quit any Microsoft Office applications that are running, such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
2. Go to the Applications folder and drag Microsoft Office 2011 or Microsoft Office 2016 to the trash.
3. Open the Finder (by default, it’s in the Dock), and then click Applications in the sidebar.
4. Type “office” in the search field at the top right of the window, and then press Enter. This will show all of the Office-related applications on your computer.
5. Drag each of these applications to the trash:
7. Empty the trash.*
How to contact Microsoft support for uninstallation issues on Macbook?
If you are having trouble uninstalling Microsoft Office from your Macbook, you may need to contact Microsoft support for help. Here are some ways to get in touch with them:
-Visit the Microsoft support website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us
-Click on the “Contact Us” link at the top of the page
-Under “How can we help you?,” select “I need help with something else > I need to uninstall something”
-Enter your contact information and then describe your issue in the box provided
-Click on the “Submit” button
How to uninstall Office for Mac 2011?
If you’re no longer using Office for Mac 2011, you can follow the steps below to uninstall it from your computer. Keep in mind that once you uninstall Office, you won’t be able to reinstall it on the same computer.
Before you begin, make sure you have a copy of your product key. You’ll need it if you ever want to reinstall Office.
1. Quit all Microsoft Office for Mac programs.
2. On your computer, go to Applications and double-click Microsoft Office 2011.
3. In the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, double-click Remove Office to start the uninstaller.
4. When prompted, enter your product key and then click Continue.
5. Follow the instructions on screen to complete the uninstall process.
How to uninstall Office for Mac 2016?
If you want to uninstall Office for Mac 2016, follow these steps:
1) Open the Applications folder in Finder.
2) If you see an Uninstall Microsoft Office tool, double-click it to start the uninstall process.
3) Otherwise, drag Microsoft Office 2011 or Microsoft Office 2016 from the Applications folder to the Trash.
4) Empty the Trash.
How to uninstall Office for Mac 365?
If you installed Office using the Mac App Store, and you want to reinstall a different version or an edition (such as Home and Business, or Professional), you can do that through the App Store. How you uninstall Office for Mac depends on whether you installed it using Microsoft AutoUpdate, the Mac App Store, or from another location.
-If you installed from Microsoft AutoUpdate, open Microsoft AutoUpdate, and select Software Updates > Change Settings. In the Settings dialog box, next to Office for Mac, select Update Options > Do not automatically update this product. Close Microsoft AutoUpdate.
-If you installed from the Mac App Store:
1.On your computer’s keyboard, press Command+F2. The Launchpad displays all your installed apps.
2.In Launchpad’s search field, type “Microsoft,” then double-click Microsoft Office 365 application icon to launch it.
3.A dialog box with two options displays: Keep on My Mac and Move to Trash. Select Move to Trash and then click Continue Uninstall in the confirmation dialog box that displays.
4.Select Account Settings in the upper-left corner of the screen (it looks like a gear). In the Account Settings dialog box that displays, click Subscriptions in the sidebar on left side of dialog box; your Office 365 subscription is listed under Active near top right side of dialog box with an expiration date next to it.. Click Cancel Subscription button that appears at bottom right of dialog box (if Cancel Subscription button is dimmed and cannot be clicked; this means your subscription have already expired). In confirmation dialog box that appears asking Are you sure you want to cancel your subscription?, click Continue Cancellation button.. Follow instructions that appear on screen to complete cancellation process (you might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID).. If asked whether want to keep or delete Office app after cancellation is completed (see image below), select Keep because this will allow you continue using Office even after subscription expires until all remaining time on license has been used up.. If select Delete here instead will uninstall Office completely from your computer at same time subscription is canceled so if later decide want reinstall again will have pay for new subscription first . . .
How to uninstall other Office products from Macbook?
If you have Office for Macbook installed on your computer, and you want to uninstall it, you can follow the steps below. If you have any other Office products installed on your computer, such as Word or Excel, you will need to uninstall these separately.
1. Open Microsoft Word on your computer.
2. Go to the “Help” menu and select “Uninstall Microsoft Office.”
3. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
4. Once Office is uninstalled, you can then uninstall any other Office products that you have installed on your computer.