If you need to uninstall Webroot from your computer, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Checkout this video:
If you need to uninstall Webroot from your Windows or Mac device, please use the appropriate instructions below.
If you have Webroot SecureAnywhere for mobile installed on your Android or iOS device, please see this article for instructions: How to uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere for mobile (Android and iOS)
To uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere from your Windows device:
1. Download the webrootwsa.exe file to your Downloads folder. Note: If prompted, click Save.
2. Open the webrootwsa.exe file and click I AGREE. A Command Prompt window will open and close automatically as files are extracted. This may take a minute or two.
3. When the process is complete, double-click the Uninstall Webroot icon on your desktop. Note: If you don’t see the Uninstall Webroot icon on your desktop, open File Explorer and go to C:\Webroot\WebRoot\unwsa_installer\.
4. The uninstall wizard will open; click Next and then Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere from your device. This may take a few moments.
5. When the process is complete, click Finish to close the wizard; then restart your computer when prompted. After restarting, continue with step 6 below.
6 Open File Explorer and go to C:\ProgramData\Webroot\undefender\. Delete the folder named files from this location; then empty your Recycle Bin and restart your computer again when prompted
What is Webroot?
Webroot is a Denver, Colorado-based cybersecurity company that provides internet security for consumers and businesses. It was founded in 1997 and is a privately held company. Webroot offers products for endpoint security, mobile security, and network security.
Why Would You Uninstall Webroot?
Webroot is a great security program, but there are a few reasons why you might want to uninstall it. Maybe you’re experiencing technical difficulties, or perhaps you’re switching to a different security program. Whatever your reasons, uninstalling Webroot is a pretty straightforward process.
If you’re experiencing technical difficulties with Webroot, we recommend that you try reinstalling the program first. Sometimes this can fix the issue. If that doesn’t work, or if you’re just ready to switch to something else, follow the instructions below to uninstall Webroot from your computer.
How to Uninstall Webroot from Your Computer
Webroot is a security software that helps protect your computer from viruses and malware. If you no longer need this program, you may want to uninstall it from your system. This article will show you how to do that.
There are two ways to uninstall Webroot from your computer. The first is through the Windows Control Panel, and the second is by using the Webroot uninstaller program.
###Uninstalling Webroot through the Control Panel
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer. You can do this by clicking on the Start menu and then selecting “Control Panel” from the list of options.
2. Once the Control Panel is open, look for the “Add or Remove Programs” icon and click on it.
3. Find Webroot in the list of installed programs and click on it once to select it.
4. Click on the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button to begin uninstalling Webroot from your system. Follow any prompts that appear during the uninstall process until it is complete.
5. Once Webroot has been uninstalled, you can close the Control Panel window.
###Uninstalling Webroot using the Webroot Uninstaller Program
1. Download the Webroot Uninstaller program from their website (webroot-uninstaller[dot]exe). Save it to a location that you can easily find, such as your desktop.
2. Close all open programs on your computer and double-click on the webroot-uninstaller[dot]exe file to run it.
3. Click on “Yes” when prompted if you want to allow this program to make changes to your system.
4. The uninstall process will begin and may take a few minutes to complete. Once it is finished, you will see a message saying that Webroot has been successfully uninstalled from your computer
How to Uninstall Webroot from Your Android Device
Webroot offers top-notch protection for your Android device against online threats like viruses, malware, spyware, and phishing attacks. However, there are times when you may want to uninstall Webroot from your device. Here’s a quick guide on how to do that:
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device and tap on “Apps”.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Webroot”.
3. Tap on “Uninstall” and confirm your action.
4. That’s it! Webroot will now be uninstalled from your Android device.
How to Uninstall Webroot from Your iPhone or iPad
Webroot is an internet security software company that provides protection against malware, spyware, and viruses. The company offers a variety of products for home and business users, including the Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus program.
If you need to uninstall Webroot from your iPhone or iPad, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down and tap on the Webroot icon.
3. Tap on the Uninstall button.
4. Tap on the Uninstall confirm button to confirm your action.
5. Enter your passcode, if prompted, to complete the uninstallation process.
How to Reinstall Webroot
If you need to reinstall Webroot, you can do so by visiting the Webroot website and downloading the software again. Once you have downloaded the software, double-click on the file to begin the installation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Webroot offers excellent protection against online threats, but sometimes you may need to uninstall it. This can be for a number of reasons, such as if you’re experiencing technical difficulties or if you simply want to try another security solution. Whatever your reason, uninstalling Webroot is a relatively straightforward process.
Here are some frequently asked questions about uninstalling Webroot:
How do I uninstall Webroot?
To uninstall Webroot, simply go to the Control Panel and select ‘Add or Remove Programs’. From here, you should find Webroot listed – simply highlight it and click ‘Remove’.
What if I can’t find Webroot in the Control Panel?
If you can’t find Webroot in the Control Panel, it may be because it’s hidden. To unhide it, go to ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Appearance and Themes’ > ‘Folder Options’ > ‘View’, and then select the ‘Show hidden files and folders’ option. Once you’ve done this, return to the Control Panel and you should be able to see Webroot listed under ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
I’m still having trouble uninstalling Webroot. What should I do?
If you’re still having trouble uninstalling Webroot, get in touch with our support team and they’ll be happy to help.
Webroot is a security software company that provides internet security for both home and business users. If you need to uninstall Webroot from your computer, there are a few different methods you can use. The most common method is to use the Windows Control Panel, but you can also uninstall Weboot using the Webroot Uninstaller tool or by using the Windows PowerShell.