If you have Winrar installed on your computer and want to uninstall it, here is a quick and easy guide on how to do so.
Checkout this video:
If you’re planning on upgrading to a new version of WinRAR, or if you simply don’t need it anymore, you may be wondering how to uninstall WinRAR from your computer.
Luckily, uninstalling WinRAR is a pretty straightforward process. In most cases, you can just follow the prompts in the uninstaller program. However, if you’re having trouble uninstalling WinRAR, there are a few things you can try.
What is WinRAR?
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
Why would you want to uninstall WinRAR?
There are a few reasons you might want to uninstall WinRAR from your computer. Perhaps you no longer use the program and want to free up some space on your hard drive. Maybe you’re experiencing problems with the program and need to reinstall it. Or, you may be upgrading to a newer version of WinRAR and need to uninstall the old one first.
Whatever your reason, uninstalling WinRAR is a fairly simple process. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Control Panel. You can find this in the Start menu on Windows 10, or in the “All Control Panel Items” section on older versions of Windows.
2. Click “Add or Remove Programs.”
3. Find “WinRAR” in the list of installed programs and click it.
4. Click “Uninstall.”
5. Follow the prompts to finish uninstalling WinRAR from your computer.
How to uninstall WinRAR using the Windows Control Panel
WinRAR is a compressed file archive program that can be used to open, create and decompress RAR, ZIP and other type of files. It provides a graphical user interface, command-line interface and Windows shell integration. You can install WinRAR on your computer by running the installer program downloaded from the official website. However, if you want to remove WinRAR from your system for some reason, you can do so using the Windows Control Panel.
Here are the steps to uninstall WinRAR from your computer:
1. Open the Control Panel. You can do this by clicking on the Start menu and then selecting Control Panel from the list of options.
2. In the Control Panel, go to Programs & Features (if you’re using Windows 7 or earlier) or App & Features (if you’re using Windows 8 or 10).
3. Locate WinRAR in the list of installed programs and click on it.
4. Click on the Uninstall button that appears at the top of the window.
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to complete the uninstallation process.
How to uninstall WinRAR using a third-party uninstaller
If you have installed WinRAR on your computer and want to uninstall it, you can follow the steps below. Note that this method will only work if you have installed WinRAR using a third-party uninstaller.
1. Download and install a third-party uninstaller on your computer.
2. Open the uninstaller and select WinRAR from the list of installed programs.
3. Click on the Uninstall button and follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
How to remove WinRAR files and folders manually
If you want to get rid of all files and folders that WinRAR creates, you’ll need to uninstall the program and then delete the WinRAR files and folders manually. Here’s how:
1. Uninstall WinRAR from your computer.
2. Delete the “WinRar” folder from your “C:/Program Files” directory.
3. Delete the “WinRar” folder from your “Documents and Settings/[Your User Name]/Application Data” directory.
4. Delete any shortcuts to WinRAR that you may have on your desktop or in your Start menu.
How to reinstall WinRAR
If for some reason you need to reinstall WinRAR on your computer, you can do so by following the steps below. Keep in mind that you will need to have your WinRAR installation files handy in order to complete this process.
1) Click on the Start menu and then select Control Panel.
2) In the Control Panel, click on Add or Remove Programs.
3) Scroll through the list of currently installed programs and locate WinRAR.
4) Once you have located WinRAR, click on it and then click on the Remove button.
5) Follow the prompts to uninstall WinRAR from your computer.
6) Once WinRAR has been uninstalled, restart your computer.
7) After your computer has restarted, insert your WinRAR installation disc into your CD/DVD drive.
8) Follow the prompts to install WinRAR onto your computer.
How to Uninstall Winrar on Windows?
To uninstall Winrar on Windows, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the Run dialog box, type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
3. In the Programs and Features window, scroll down and find WinRar.
4. Right-click on WinRar and click “Uninstall”.
5. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
If you are having trouble uninstalling WinRAR from your computer, you can always try troubleshooting the program. This is a process of elimination to figure out what is causing the problem. Usually, there are only a few things that can go wrong when you are trying to uninstall a program. Here are some troubleshooting tips:
– Make sure that you have the latest version of WinRAR. If you do not, you can download it from the WinRAR website.
– Try uninstalling WinRAR from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows.
– If you are still having trouble, you can try using a third-party uninstaller program to remove WinRAR from your computer.
Here, we have learned how to uninstall WinRAR from Windows 10 using two different methods. The first method is by using the ‘Add or Remove Programs’ feature available in the Windows settings. The second method is by using a third-party uninstaller tool. If you are facing any issues while followings the aforementioned steps, then feel free to ask us in the comment section below.